Mastering Complex and Difficult Conversations in Advanced Care Planning
6 CPD Hours
Manage and engage clients and their loved ones confidently in the difficult yet essential conversations needed around Advanced Care Directives and End of Life planning.
Many health professionals are regularly confronted by complex and difficult scenarios that require a sound level of emotional competency and intelligence to engage and manage difficult conversations in long term and palliative care. This course will provide underpinning knowledge and confidence to master those tough conversations and continue through with the partnerships needed for good person-centred care.
Develop confidence when handling confrontation, build emotional intelligence ready to navigate sensitive matters, learn leadership skills and educate clients and their families - this seminar is as essential as the conversations needed for end of life planning.
Topics covered include:
- Communication and Language - What is it, in context?
- Emotional Intelligence - Build and understand the skills and tools needed
- Difficult yet essential conversations - How to prepare for and master them
- How to have discussions around death, dying, grief and loss
- Guide clients and families through Advanced Care Directives and complex care decisions
- Receive scripts and practical resources for the real world
Seminar Cost: $365 (incl GST) All resources, morning/afternoon tea and lunch are included.
*** Please note that courses are always subject to minimum and maximum numbers.
So book your place early to avoid disappointment! ***
Contact us at email@example.com or phone 07 5440 5188 for booking enquiries.
This workshop can also be delivered as a one day in-service session for aged and community care providers, so you may be able to train more staff within your budget.
Click here to read our Refund and Cancellation Policy.
No events found.
Like this course? Please share it with your friends!