Our "Looking Through the Lens" series of Clinical Focus Days will update your clinical knowledge and understanding.
Managing Diabetes and/or Parkinson's in an elderly client can be difficult because of comorbid medical issues and the generally lower functional status of elderly clients.
This engaging workshop is designed to empower you with the latest clinical knowledge on these two important diseases and how they affect the elderly.
The content is tailored for health professionals and senior care workers, to ground competency and knowledge in specific clinical aspects of Chronic Disease Management (CDM).
This seminar is facilitated by
Consultant Gerontologist, Dr Drew Dwyer
Seminar Cost: $365 (incl GST) All resources, morning/afternoon tea and lunch are included.
*** Please note that courses are always subject to minimum and maximum numbers.
So book your place early to avoid disappointment! ***
Check upcoming courses and book online to secure your place.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 5440 5188 for booking enquiries.
This workshop can also be delivered as a one day in-service session for aged and community care providers, so you may be able to train more staff within your budget.
Topics covered include:
- Comorbidities and geriatric syndromes;
- Cognitive dysfunction - Alzheimer's/Dementia in a diabetic elderly client;
- Symptoms of a client with Parkinson's disease;
- Understanding the diseases and how they affect elderly clients;
- The additional challenges of managing these diseases in elderly clients;
- Screening tools for assessment; and
- Care planning and management.
$365 / inc GST
The latest planned events are listed below: