- “Intention to stay” – What plays a huge factor in staff leaving? The question should be – What is their intention to stay? With all the red tape that comes with this industry, organisations can lose sight of what is one of the most important factors when managing a positive workplace environment.
- Not enough money is invested into the leadership skills that are required in a supervisor’s role, supervisors are more commonly promoted due to their clinical skills. This also demonstrates the importance of leadership training required in this sector.
- Supervisors can have significant influence over how an employee sees their organisation. If an employee does not feel valued by their supervisor, they do not feel valued by their organisation. Again, outlining the importance or leadership training in Aged Care.
- Lack of career development is a common factor driving staff to leave their employment, not offering room to grow and further educate staff, younger and older, gives them no intention to stay.
- Not providing immediate support, employees feel more valued when they have direct access to a supervisor, this does not necessarily have to be a physical presence it could also be remotely, that gives the perception the staff are valued.
Frontline Care Solutions provides the answers for all your organisational and staff management needs, we work with you to provide a tailored solution that can be delivered face-to-face or online with support during the entire process.
Call the team today to discuss your options, Contact Us.