This course has been developed to give the learner an understanding of how to apply standard precautions in your workplace, as well as the role they play in reducing the risk of infection.
This course is suitable for all clinical staff.
This course will cover:
– standard precautions used in healthcare environments to prevent and control infection;
– how to maintain effective hand hygiene;
– the need for respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette;
– the importance of maintaining a clean environment;
– how to use personal protective equipment (PPE) safely;
– the importance of reprocessing reusable instruments and equipment; and
– asepsis and aseptic technique.